Professional photography is key to making a first impression in selling your home. Please review the checklist below to ensure your scheduled appointment runs smoothly and to help you prepare your home for the photo session.
Preparation will take longer than expected. Don’t wait until the last minute to start readying your home for photography. The cleaner and less cluttered the house, the better impression it will leave. Regardless of the level of preparation, it should be completed before your scheduled appointment as our photographers have limited time to spend on each property.
- Items not to be photographed should be obscured from view. Hide things in closets, cabinets, garages, etc. or a room that will not be photographed.
- Lights throughout the house including lamps should be turned on before the scheduled appointment. Replace any nonfunctional light bulbs, and consider replacing any mismatched color light bulbs.
- All ceiling fans throughout the entire home should be turned off prior to the photographer’s arrival.
- In general, remove all personal photos or items from walls, bookshelves, etc.
- Televisions, computer screens, and projectors should be turned off. Hide all remote controls, and move all electrical cords out of sight
- In the kitchen, hide away refrigerator magnets, paper towel rolls, floor mats, as well as trash cans. Clean fingerprints from stainless steel or black appliances. Remove all dishes, drying racks, etc. near sink and any clutter on counter tops including small appliances
- Secure pets in an area of the home that will not be photographed (e.g. garage, utility room, etc.). Remove crates, food and water bowls, litter box, etc. showing signs that there are pets in the home
- In bathrooms, clean mirrors and shower doors. Put down toilet seats. Remove bottles and other personal items from shower and counter tops. It is generally best to remove floor mats as well.
- Clear all items off nightstand(s) in master bedroom
- Move vehicles into garage or down the block to keep the front of house and driveway clear. Put outside trash cans, hoses, portable BBQ grills, etc. into garage
- Make sure the lawn is as clear of leaves and debris as possible. Grass-greening add-on is only available if the lawn is mostly clear of debris.
- We will photograph the interiors of your home no matter what the weather conditions are at the time of the service appointment. We will come back to shoot exteriors when the weather permits. Keep this in mind to check the weather forecast the day before the shoot to make sure you want us to proceed especially if there are going to be many shots of the outdoor property. We can certainly put a blue sky in your photos, but this has its limitations.
- Photographers will adjust the blinds as necessary, but usually they should be angled upward and just about closed.
We looking forward to working with you!